Estcourt, KwaZulu-NatalFounded: 1863
Named after Thomas Estcourt, a British member of parliament.
Click to view large map
Originally called Bushman's River Post.
List of references:
|Oberholster, JJ. 1972. The historical monuments of South Africa. Cape Town: Rembrandt Van Rijn Foundation for Culture at the request of the National Monuments Council. pp 251-254|
|Picton-Seymour, Désirée. 1989. Historical Buildings in South Africa. Cape Town: Struikhof Publishers. pp 143|
|Richardson, Deidré. 2001. Historic Sites of South Africa. Cape Town: Struik Publishers. pp 226-227|
List of structures: