Mosenthal Building - A Mosenthal & co. - Saambou
The Building was designed as the head office for Adolph Mosenthal & co in 1900 and opened on 5 February 1903. By the 1960s it was occupied by Saambou Building society. It was a late Victorian building over 4 floors and a basement. It was demolished in 1974-5 as part of the controversial redevelopment of Market Square. This and several of the adjacent buildings were replaced by the Norwich Union Building.
(Gerald Humphrey, March 2021)