Coordinates: 32°14'53.79" S 24°32'04.15" E Alt: 764m
Also called the Victoria Hall.
The foundation stone was laid on 26 June 1902 to commemorate 'The great and glorious reign of Queen Victoria' who had died the previous year and for whom the hall was to be named. However this solitary plinth stood for some years before construction proceeded in April of 1910, possibly hastened by the impending formation of Union in May of that year. The following foundation stone states that it is 'erected in memory of the glorious reigns of Her majesty Queen Victoria and His Majesty Edward VII' the latter being Victoria's son and heir, who had died on 6 May of that year. The contractors were Messrs Moon and Ledbury of Cape Town who tendered a price of 10 554 pounds (R21 108). The hall officially opened on 5 September 1911. Its original appearance was in the brick-and-plaster Flemish Style but later painted over to a uniform white.