Lady Grey, Eastern Cape

Founded: 1858

Named after the wife of the governor, Sir George Grey.

 


Click to view large map

List of references:

Maeder, GA & Zinn, C. 1917. Ons kerk album van Hollandsche kerken en leeraren. Capetown: Cape Times. pp 110
Richardson, Deirdré. 2001. Historic Sites of South Africa. Cape Town: Struik Publishers. pp 33

List of structures:

Aliwal North - Barkly East branch rail line - Tunnel: 1915.
Church of Ascension - Anglican Church: n.d..
Lady Grey Bridge for PWD: c1871.
Museum: n.d..
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: 1912.
Public School: 1927.