University of Stellenbosch, Langenhoven Student Centre - Neelsie
The centre was named after the Afrikaans author C J Langenhoven (1873 – 1932) and is generally known as the Neelsie - from the author’s nickname “Sagmoedige Neelsie”.
A design competition was held c1970 and from 11 entries the winning design by Holm & Holm was selected. The three assessors were Dr Barrie Biermann, Hannes van der Merwe and the Rector Dr Jannie de Villiers. The result was announced in May 1970 and the centre opened in September 1975.