(Harradine 1985, personal communication with Joanna Walker)
The building was featured in "The London Illustrated News" in 1881. The article noted that it was originally constructed for messrs. Atkinson and Smith.
It was demolished in 1937 and replaced with the new Art Deco OK Bazaars building.
(Gerald Humphrey, 2018)
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.