Contact Artefacts
please if you have any comments or more information regarding this record.

Christ Church
Arcadia, Tshwane (Pretoria), Gauteng

BAKER, MASEY and SLOPER: Architect 1906
BAKER and FLEMING: Architect 1926 additions
SA Gordon ELLIS: Architect 1959 alterations
SA Gordon ELLIS: Architect 1979 hall and offices

Date:1906 : 1926 : 1959 : 1979
Type:Anglican Church
Status:Extant

 


Click to view map

Coordinates:
25°44'43.30" S 28°13'15.30" E

The original church was designed by BAKER, MASEY and SLOPER in 1906, additions were done to the church in 1926 by the office of BAKER and FLEMING.

On 19 May 1959 it was decided that the church be completed in accordance with plans submitted by SAG ELLIS. These alterations included the rebuilding of the north end, the addition of the Lady Chapel and a second vestry. The entire church was also roofed in slate.

In 1979 a new hall complex and parish offices with toilet facilities by SAG ELLIS were built.


Writings about this entry

Greig, Doreen. 1970. Herbert Baker in South Africa. Cape Town: PURNELL. pg 239