![]() Contact Artefacts | MenuHomeUpfront Now Up Books Towns Structures People Firms Lexicon | Post Office | ![]() | |
Click to view large map Coordinates: | This building was erected in ca 1911 and served as Post Office until 1967. In 1967 a new post office building was erected on the site between Scott's Cafe and Dredzen Shop and the present building converted into a small museum for the village. The building housed the museum collection until 1976 when it was again commissioned as Post Office, The telephone exchange was housed in a room at the back of building. This exchange was in use until 1993 when Pilgrim's Rest was eventually switched over to an automatic telephone exchange system. (Rene Reinders. 2016:Item 33. Submitted by Annelise Lange) References:
|