Click to view map
In 1905 the Transvaal Gold Mining Estates (TGME) made the building on this stand available to the Freemasons to use as a lodge. Lodge Pilgrim 's, established on the Pilgrim's Rest Goldfields in the 1870s is the oldest Freemason Lodge in the old Transvaal. When the Goldfields declined and most diggers left the area Indge Pilgrim's moved to Lydenburg where it is still functioning as such. In 1904 Lodge Blyde was established at Pilgrim's Rest.
(Rene Reinders. 2016:Item 8. Submitted by Annelise Lange)
Writings about this entry