Click to view map
One of the earliest buildings in Port Elizabeth to show Art Deco and Modern Movement influences, most notable the nautical, ship balustrade balcony, the type face of the lettering and the flag pole. The building replaced an earlier hotel in 1931 and continued to operate as a hotel until the late 1990's . Unfortunately it has been left vacant and been vandalized. There has been talk of it being restored in recent times (2016-2017) but there is no evidence of this on site to date.
2017: Extant but in very poor condition.
(Gerald Humphreys, August 2017)