View of building from northwest from within Greenmarket Square
Photographer: William Martinson




North elevation onto Greenmarket Square
Photographer: William Martinson




Detail of cupola
Photographer: William Martinson




Detail of cupola
Photographer: William Martinson




Detail of circular medallion
Photographer: William Martinson




Circular medallion on north elevation
Photographer: William Martinson




Detail of moulded plaster capital to pilaster
Photographer: William Martinson




Detail of moulded plaster capital to pilaster
Photographer: William Martinson




Detail of moulded plaster capital to corner pilaster
Photographer: William Martinson




Detail of moulded plaster window surrounds
Photographer: William Martinson




Detail of moulded plaster window surrounds
Photographer: William Martinson




Detail of moulded entablature over window
Photographer: William Martinson




View from within loggia
Photographer: William Martinson




Detail of carved timber fanlight over front door
Photographer: William Martinson




Detail of keystone to arch over entrance door
Photographer: William Martinson




Moulded bases to pilasters beneath loggia
Photographer: William Martinson




Signage hung within arch
Photographer: William Martinson




Elevation VS Rees Poole mens. J Fassler delt.

UPSpace

Click for larger image





Details of joinery and metalwork CD St Leger delt.

UPSpace

Click for larger image





Details of ornamental plasterwork CD St Leger delt.

UPSpace

Click for larger image





THE OLD TOWN HOUSE, CAPE TOWN
DIE OU STADSHUIS, KAAPSTAD

Drawing by Timlin

[TIMLIN, William M 1927: pl 5]

Click for larger image





View from Greenmarket Square

Ref: Anon, c. 1899. Picturesque South Africa - An album of Photographic Views. Cape Town: Dennis Edwards & Co. p 43.


Photographer: Scanned image




The Old Town House in 1955 - from Fehr, William; The Old Town House - Its Place in the History of Cape Town, Cape Times, 1955. Sent to us by William MARTINSON.
Photographer: Arthur English




Gallery on first floor

UPSpace
Photographer: Arthur Elliot




The Frans Hals Gallery on the First Floor - from Fehr, William; The Old Town House - Its Place in the History of Cape Town, Cape Times, 1955. Sent to us by William MARTINSON.
Photographer: Arthur English




Postcard: The OLD TOWN HOUSE originally housed the Town Guard, subsequently becoming the Town Hall. Today it houses the magnificent Michaelis Collection of 17th century Dutch and Flemish paintings
Purchased: 1980
Submitted by Dorothy Adendorff

Photographer: L. Hughes, Constantia Greetings




Drawing 86 of 365 by Shaun Gaylard

Click for larger image