The partnership between E PAGE and HJC CORDEAUX in East London from about 1893 until about 1904?.Details of the partnership are uncertain since the General directory of South Africa of 1899 listed Page in East London and Cordeaux in Johannesburg in 1899. However, they were responsible for the design of the East London Town Hall, won in competition by Page in 1893 when Page was living in Kimberley. Interestingly DW GREATBATCH, who adjudicated the competition, was a Kimberley architect. The foundation stone of the town hall was was only laid in 1897 and opened in 1899. It has not yet been established when the partnership ceased. Cordeaux was listed in partnership, with WALKER (cf. CORDEAUX & WALKER) in 1904 in East London.
(East London Mus 1989; East London munic, dir cult & envrn 1989; Greig 1971; Meiring 1977:50; Picton-Seymour 1977; SESA 4:187)
All truncated references not fully cited in 'References' are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.