Nqanqarhu (Maclear), Eastern Cape

Founded: 1857

Originally named after Sir Thomas Maclear, His Majesty's Astronomer at the Cape, the name changed to Nqanqarhu in February 2021

List of references:

Maeder, GA & Zinn, C. 1917. Ons kerk album van Hollandsche kerken en leeraren. Capetown: Cape Times. pp 143
Richardson, Deirdré. 2001. Historic Sites of South Africa. Cape Town: Struik Publishers. pp 33-34

List of structures:

Town Public School, bldg: 1931.
Ugie Secondary School, add: 1936.