Plettenberg Bay, Western CapeFounded: 1778
Named after Governor Joachim van Plettenberg.
Click to view large map
Originally called Bahia Formosa, Protuguese for beautiful bay.
List of references:
|Coyne, Patrick. 2010. A guide to South Africa's mountain passes and poorts. Westville: Osborne Porter Literary Services. pp 116, 119, 122-126|
|Fransen, Hans. 2004. The old buildings of the Cape. A survey of extant architecture from before c1910 in the area of Cape Town - Calvinia - Colesberg - Uitenhage. Johannesburg & Cape Town: Jonathan Ball Publishers. pp 521-523|
|Joubert, 'Ora (Ed). 2009. 10 years + 100 buildings : Architecture in a Democratic South Africa. Cape Town: Bell-Roberts Publishing. pp 361-365|
|Oberholster, JJ. 1972. The historical monuments of South Africa. Cape Town: Rembrandt Van Rijn Foundation for Culture at the request of the National Monuments Council. pp 127-128|
|Richardson, Deidré. 2001. Historic Sites of South Africa. Cape Town: Struik Publishers. pp 134|
List of structures: