Prieska, Northern Cape

Founded: 1878

Named after the ford Prieskap, KhoiKhoi meaning 'the place where the goat was lost'.

List of references:

Maeder, GA & Zinn, C. 1917. Ons kerk album van Hollandsche kerken en leeraren. Capetown: Cape Times. pp 124
Richardson, Deirdré. 2001. Historic Sites of South Africa. Cape Town: Struik Publishers. pp 63

List of structures:

Blockhouse: 1900.
High School: 1934.
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: 1919.
St Andrew's Anglican Church: n.d..
Volkskas Bank - now ABSA: 1962.