Sir Lowry's Pass Village, Western Cape
Click to view large map
In 1846 there was a Post Office, run by a postmistress, Mrs Walters, and six farms in the area. 43 years later the first steam train stopped there in 1890. The railway station later became the Post Office. The waiting room was also used for English Church Services in 1925, as there was no church building at the time. Wild flowers grew in profusion on the mountains and hills around the village and selling them was a major source of income for the villagers in the early 1900s. Today the little village is flanked by up-market residential estates and various wine farms.
(Wikipedia, accessed 27 07 2018)
List of structures: