Richmond, KwaZulu-Natal

Founded: 1850

Named after Richmond England.


Click to view large map

Originally called Beaullieu.

List of references:

Burrows, Edmund Hartford . 1988. Overberg Outspan : A chronicle of people and places in the south western districts of the Cape. Swellendam: Privately printed in co-operation with the Swellendam Trust. pp 286
Greig, Doreen. 1971. A Guide to Architecture in South Africa. Cape Town: Howard Timmins. pp 213
Richardson, Deirdré. 2001. Historic Sites of South Africa. Cape Town: Struik Publishers. pp 244-245

List of structures:

Barclays Bank: 1934.
Blarney Cottage: 1878.
House Capt Lawson: 1927.
St Mary's Church: 1909.
Vicarage: 1926.