Bathurst, Eastern Cape

 


Click to view large map

The town was founded in 1820 and named after Lord Bathurst, Secretary of State for the Colonies, by the Governor of the Cape, Sir Rufane Donkin.

List of structures:

Bailey's Beacon and 1820 Toposcope: 1859.
Barrow Cottage: 1837.
Barville Park: c1835.
Big Pineapple, The: c1980.
Bleak House: c1820.
Bradshaw's Mill: 1821.
Centenary Memorial Hall, 1820: 1920.
Clumber Methodist Church: 1867.
Clumber Methodist Church School: 1900s.
Cuylerville Church: 1825 : 1831 : 1939.
Drostdy: 1820.
Fossil Exposure: n.d..
Fraser's Camp Signal Tower: 1835.
Lombard's Post: 1812.
Methodist Church, cemetery and ringwall: 1832.
Morley House: 1828.
Old Powder Magazine (Star Fort complex): 1821.
Pig and Whistle Hotel: 1821.
Railway Institute Building: 1903.
Rectory: n.d..
Rokeby Park Methodist Church: 1884.
Shaw Park Methodist Church: 1864.
Shaw Park Primary School: 1879.
St John's Anglican Church: 1832.
St Stephen's United Church: n.d.. district
Summerhill Inn: n.d..
Toposcope 1820 and Bailey's Beacon: 1859.