Leeu-Gamka, Western Cape

Name means lion in Afrikaans and Khoe-Khoen respectively.


Click to view large map

Originally called Fraserburg Road, now Leeu-Gamka because it is at the confluence of the Leeu and Gamka rivers.

List of references:

Schoeman, Chris. 2013. Historical Karoo, The : Traces of the past in South Africa's arid interior. Cape Town: Zebra Press. pp 40-42

List of structures:

Leeu-Gamka Hotel: 1898.
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: 1922.
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: n.d..