Alexandria, Eastern CapeFounded: 1854
Formerly Olifantshoek, it became a separate congregation in 1854. The name was changed to Alexandria in honour of Alexander Smith, a Scottish Minister who came to South Africa in 1823.
Click to view large map
List of references:
|Maeder, GA & Zinn, C. 1917. Ons kerk album van Hollandsche kerken en leeraren. Capetown: Cape Times. pp 93|
|Oberholster, JJ. 1972. The historical monuments of South Africa. Cape Town: Rembrandt Van Rijn Foundation for Culture at the request of the National Monuments Council. pp 147|
|Richardson, Deidré. 2001. Historic Sites of South Africa. Cape Town: Struik Publishers. pp 7|
List of structures: