Adelaide, Eastern Cape

Founded: 1834

Named after the wife of William IV of England.


Click to view large map

List of references:

Maeder, GA & Zinn, C. 1917. Ons kerk album van Hollandsche kerken en leeraren. Capetown: Cape Times. pp 137
Oberholster, JJ. 1972. The historical monuments of South Africa. Cape Town: Rembrandt Van Rijn Foundation for Culture at the request of the National Monuments Council. pp 157
Richardson, Deirdré. 2001. Historic Sites of South Africa. Cape Town: Struik Publishers. pp 7

List of structures:

4 Single-storey cottages for CFA van Coller: 1903. Claemont,
Adelaide Gymnasium: n.d..
Anglican Church: n.d..
Central Hotel: n.d..
Church: n.d..
Farmhouse, Grenoble Farm: pre 1949.
Midgleys Hotel: n.d..
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: 1890.
Old Parsonage: c1860.
Railway bridge over road and Koonap River: c1910?.
Railway Station: n.d..
Town Hall: pre-1905.