Border Historical Society
The local historical society based in East London. Chairperson is William MARTINSON.
The Border Historical Society's aims are as follows:
- - To promote interest in the colourful history of East London and the Eastern Cape.
- - To identify historical buildings and heritage sites, and to gather all available information concerning them for purposes of record and preservation.
- - To be aware of the important primary sources of information on local history and encourage these to be lodged in a recognised archive.
- - To endeavour to produce a journal biannually.
- - To collect and record the memories and reminiscences of local inhabitants.
- - To organise visits to places of historical interest.
- - To organise lectures on matters of historical interest.
- - To mount a protest in the event of any historic site or building being threatened with destruction.
- - To establish contact with existing societies pursuing similar interests and to encourage the establishment of affiliated societies.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
083 284 6173
083 381 2667
William A. Martinson
083 325 9600