University of Cape Town, Centlivres Building
Click to view map
The building was intended to provide accommodation for the Faculties of Sociology and of Architecture. It was named after Albert van der Sandt Centlivres (1887 – 1966), who was Chief Justice of South Africa from 1950 to 1957, and Chancellor of UCT from 1951 until his death in 1966.
The building has two identical entrances on University Avenue, called the North West and South West Entrance, respectively.