North-West University - Former Arts Block
Formerly the Arts Block, the oldest building, stands at the top of the main east-west axis. In common with other educational buildings of that time, it inherited many Baker School features, being U-shaped with widely-spread arms and pavilion-like terminations.
After 1950, MEIRING, NAUDE, LOTTER and BOTHA of Pretoria were asked to prepare a comprehensive plan for the future development of the campus. Many new buildings of originality and quality which provide accommodation for different faculties and residential facilities have since been erected, in the modern idiom, by these architects and other architects from Pretoria.
Writings about this entry