Old Magistrate's Court
Initially housing the offices of the magistrate, police, clerical staff and post office, this building's cornerstone was laid on 6 July 1895. Architecturally the building differs from most other buildings of the ZAR era in that its mansard roof shows obvious French Renaissance influence.
(Richardson, 2001: 268)
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.