House Chaplin - Marienhof - Brenthurst
George Esselmont Gordon LEITH: Architect
Click to view map
Originally designed by Sir Herbert BAKER for Drummond and Marguerite Chaplin named Marienhof, it later became the home of Sir Ernest and Lady Oppenheimer and the name was changed to Brenthurst. The house was altered by LEITH in 1935. During the Second World War it was used as a hospital for plastic surgery.
(UWA:O5; UWA:O6 see LEITH archive)
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Writings about this entry