Colonial Mutual Life Building
COWIN, POWERS and ELLIS: Architect 1934
Click to view map
(SAB Dec 1923:29; SAAR May 1937:239)
The building was originally designed by TREEBY in 1923, it would appear that alterations were made in 1934 by COWIN, POWERS and ELLIS.
The building was demolished together with the adjacent Prudential Assurance Building in approximately 1985, and replaced with a Post Modern Mirror glass high rise building, now known as "Bayport". (Gerald Humphrey, 2021)
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Writings about this entry