![]() Contact Artefacts | MenuHomeUpfront Now Up Books Towns Structures People Firms Lexicon | Town Hall | ![]() | ||||||
| |||||||||
Click to view map Coordinates: | The National Monuments Council Plaque reads:
In front of the Town Hall entrance are two Commemorative Lamp Poles erected in 1915 in appreciation of the services of James Lamont who was mayor from 1909 to 1915. On the night of 31 January 2022 the building was burnt to the ground. See newspaper reports in The Rep and The Citizen. The building is currently, in 2025, still a burnt-out shell (Google Street View June 2025). References:
|
|