London and Lancashire House
KENDALL and MORRIS: Architect 1927
Franklin Kaye KENDALL: Design Architect 1927
Click to view map
(BC 206.428; SAB Aug 1926:37; AB&E Sep 1927: 8, 9 ill)
Designed by FE MASEY in 1901, changes were made by FK KENDALL in 1927.
St George's Street was renamed St George's Mall when it was closed to vehicular traffic in the 1990s.
London & Lancashire House is one of four historical buildings that were restored and integrated around a modern tower block, named Mandela Rhodes Place, circa 2002. The complex houses a hotel, offices and shops.
These notes were last edited on 2020 04 28
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Writings about this entry