STREET-WILSON and FYFE: Architect 1894
STREET-WILSON and PATON: Architect 1928
(FRIBA nom papers 1884;The Natal Mercury, 12 January 1928 p. 13; Martin 1980:51)
First built in 1879 it was reconstructed in 1894 and a new facade was built in 1928.
The Hotel was located on Smith Street facing onto the town gardens.
These notes were last edited on 2021 04 28
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Writings about this entry