This is the restoration of the original house built in 1700.
1917
The property is bought by randlord Sir Lionel Phillips and Lady Phillips. Restoration was commenced by JM SOLOMON who committed suicide while busy with commission after which it was taken over by CP WALGATE. Read more
1941
June. The property is bought on auction by the Barlow family after the deaths of Sir Lionel and Lady Phillips. Read more
1987
The property is bought by Anglo-American. Read more
[Fransen Hans, 2004. A guide to the old buildings of the Cape. Johannesburg & Cape Town: Jonathan Ball Publishers. pp, 246-8. Vergelegen website.]
For further information on the measured drawings see Pearse Collection.
(SAAR Dec 1926:100; SA Archt Jan 1940:379)
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.