![]() Contact Artefacts | MenuHomeUpfront Now Up Books Towns Structures People Firms Lexicon | Queen's Tavern | ![]() | ||
| |||||
Click to view large map Coordinates: | Its liquor license was granted in 1894. It was designated a National Monument in 1983. Later renamed the British Middle-East Indian Sporting and Dining Club. The original section of Queen’s Tavern included a foyer with a pressed steel ceiling, a billiard room, a smoking room, a staff room, and several outbuildings. In 1903, a Committee Room and kitchen were added, and the billiard room was expanded. Source: South African History Online |