Art Gallery - Drill Hall
This building was constructed as the Art Gallery for the South African International Exhibition of 1892. The building after 1899 served as the Headquarters of the Kimberley Regiment formed in that year from the Diamond Fields Horse and Kimberley Rifles with the outbreak of the South African (Anglo-Boer) War. It has been occupied by the military ever since.
Writings about this entry