Church of Saint Alfons Maria de Liguori - Tuks Chapel
Click to view map
The chapel, which is now part of Tukkiewerf - Old Monastery Complex bought from the Catholic Church in 1980, was known as the Church of Saint Alfons Maria de Liguori, after Saint Alfons, the founder of the order of Ligournians, or Redemptionists, who was declared a saint in 1839. This order was dedicated to helping poor communities and was founded in 1732, in Naples, Italy. The beautiful stained glass windows of the chapel were created by Léo Theron.
(Campus Building Guide, pg 43)
These notes were last edited on 2021 09 06