Also known as Humewood Beach Hotel and Beach Hotel.
The building was the first hotel to be constructed in the Humewood/Summerstand area. (not to be confused with the present day (2021) Humewood Hotel (formally Humewood Mansions) or the Beach Hotel in Summerstand).
The hotel was destroyed by fire on 1 December 1915 plans where drawn up to rebuild it in 1916 (JONES and McWILLIAMS) but was not constructed and the site was sold to the municipality in 1917. A new Hotel was finally opened on the site in 1927, initially also called the Humewood Hotel but the name was changed soon after to the Hotel Elizabeth.
(Gerald Humphrey, March 2021)