Click to view map
Transcript of the English wording on the information board next to the bell:
In 1858 a committee was elected to see to the building of an Anglican Church. In 1861 the Dutch Reformed Church donated two erven to this Committee to build a church and this church was consecrated in 1865. It was known as "Christ Church". In 1905 the church was enlarged when a chancel was added. The small "pedal" organ purchased in 1890 is still being used in the church. In 1902 beautiful stained-glass window[s] were put in, in honour of Mr. James Shorten, a councillor from 1892-1902. Although this church was declared a National Monument in 1980 it is still used by both the local Methodist and Anglican congregations.
The church is now a Provincial Heritage Site.