Click to view map
An interesting 1930's Art Deco building located on the approach into the town. Little is currently known about the history of this building but currently  it is partly occupied by "Avalon Sweets and Chocolates Corner". Unfortunately the new road bridge constructed in the 1950's, over the railway line, has raised the ground level around the front of the building.
(Gerald Humphrey, March 2019)