De Kaap Stock Exchange
Click to view map
The De Kaap Stock Exchange was the second stock exchange in Barberton. It was built in 1887, but its existence was short lived. In 1899 the building was bought by Sammy Marks, and in 1910 it was taken over by the Barberton Municipality to house the Carnegie Library and the first museum. When the condition of the building deteriorated to such an extant that it had to be demolished, only the facade could be preserved.
(Barberton Museum 'Heritage Walk' guide)
See the First Stock Exchange.