PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT of the CAPE COLONY: Architect
Click to view map
The foundation stone for the Town Hall was laid by Mayor Edward Dobson on 11 April 1881 and it was officially opened on 7 August 1882. The Foundation stones for the offices on either side of the Town Hall were laid on 1 July 1952 and the rear portion of the Town Hall rebuilt. The new complex, incorporating the facade of the old Town Hall, was officially opened on 2 December 1955.
These notes were last edited on 2020 08 21
Writings about this entry