Click to view map
The Rhenish Church was inaugurated in 1835, a rectangular stone and clay building under a thatched roof. It was later enlarged and given the shape of a Latin cross by the addition of transepts at its pulpit end, and a consistory behind it, all matching the original work. It is unknown when the alterations took place but it is unlikely to be after 1850. (Fransen 2004:363)
On 30 December 2018 a devastating fire swept through Wuppertal and destroyed many of the historic buildings including the church. The people of the town have slowly been restoring the buildings.
These notes were last edited on 2020 09 07
Writings about this entry