Deutsche Friedenskirche, Parsonage
Click to view map
Kroll who designed the parsonage was at that time an elder of the Friedenskirche. He at first had submitted plans for a single storey house. But that wasn't deemed spacious enough. So on March the 22th of March 1897 he submitted plans for a double storey dwelling which were accepted.
The minutes of the council meeting of the 4th of April contain this note : [translated from German] "...builds a manse for the congregation to existing plans". Incidentally, on that day the foundation stone for the school building was being laid.
This parsonage was replaced by a new parsonage built in 1935.
For an aerial photograph of the parsonage with the church see the Deutsche Friedenskirche.
Information supplied by Konrad Voges.
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.