LOUW, George MullerBorn: 1887 02 09
Died: 1970 06 25
Reg No: 372
Year registered: 1927
CPIA (1927), OFSPIA (c1930), ISAA (1927).
A brother of HJ LOUW and WH LOUW, who ran the Bloemfontein branch office which had been opened and run by HJ Louw; the office was run by GM Louw from about 1930 when HJ and WH Louw entered into partnership as LOUW and LOUW, practising in Cape Town. In 1959, although registered as a salaried member of the Cape Institute, his address is recorded as the Permanent Building, Bloemfontein. By 1969 he is of the same address but a registered member of the OFS Institute.
George Louw and his wife Martha (1893 – 1970) are buried in the Memoriam Cemetery, Bloemfontein.
(ISAA mem list; CPIA MS HJ Louw)
All truncated references not fully cited in 'References' are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Books citing LOUW