BAKER and KENDALLEstablished: 1910
KENDALL entered BAKER's office (BAKER & MASEY) in Cape Town in 1899 as an assistant and became a junior partner in 1906. On the dissolution of the partnership between Baker, Masey and Kendall in 1910, a provisional deed of partnership was drawn up between Baker and Kendall, dated 16 August 1910 and a deed of partnership was drawn up and dated 9 November 1911 with revisions made on 11 October 1913 (cf KENDALL & EARLE Gift). Kendall was in charge of the Cape Town practice from 1910. He was thirty years old and remained in Cape Town for the rest of his career.
(Greig 1970; Fassler Papers; Kendall & Earle Gift UCT Libr BC 206)
All truncated references not fully cited in 'References' are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
List of projects With photographs
|Christ Church - Anglican: 1911. Swellendam Central, Swellendam, Western Cape - Architect |
|Diocesan Training College, St Peter's chapel: 1915. Makhanda (Grahamstown), Eastern Cape - Architect |
|Nazareth House Chapel: 1910. Vredehoek, Cape Town, Western Cape - Architect |
|Rhodes University College: 1911. Makhanda (Grahamstown), Eastern Cape - Architect |
|Rhodes University, Main Administration Building: 1936. Makhanda (Grahamstown), Eastern Cape - Architect |
|St Andrew's College Memorial Chapel: 1905. Makhanda (Grahamstown), Eastern Cape - Architect |