With Leo EDWARDS, he realized while in the employ of the Trussed Concrete Steel Company (Truscon) that there would be a rise in demand for reinforcing steel and so in 1921 formed the Cape Town branch of the Reinforcing Steel Company. He became well known to students of the Department of Architecture at the University of Cape Town where he lectured on structures until his retirement in 1960.
[FREEDMAN, R. 1964. Structural concrete in South Africa. Johannesburg: SA Reinforced Concrete Engineers Ass. p. 46.]
All truncated references not fully cited in 'References' are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.