Notice: Undefined index: lim_start in /usr/www/users/artefekshh/main/Buildings/towndetframes.php on line 16 Stutterheim, Eastern Cape










Stutterheim, Eastern Cape

Founded: 1857

Named after Major-General CGLWJ Von Stutterheim.
View photos of this town

 


Click to view large map

List of references:

Oberholster, JJ. 1972. The historical monuments of South Africa. Cape Town: Rembrandt Van Rijn Foundation for Culture at the request of the National Monuments Council. pp 160
Richardson, Deidré. 2001. Historic Sites of South Africa. Cape Town: Struik Publishers. pp 43

List of structures:

Berlin Mission Bethel Church: 1865.
Cumakala Bridge: 2010-2012.
Döhne Post: 1861.
Fortified Gangers Cottage: 1877/8. Dõhne,
Methodist Church: 1930.
Mlungisi Community Commercial Park: 2013.
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: 1975.
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: n.d..
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk Saal: 1951.
Railway Bridge: n.d.. Dõhne,
Sandile's Grave: 1941.
School bldgs and teacher's quarters for the Waterlily Public School: 1932.
Six Arch Railway bridge: c1940. district
Smiling Valley Farm: 1878. district
St Barnabas Anglican Church: pre 1905.
St Paul's Lutheran Church: 1893.
War Memorial 1914-1918: 1922.