Villiersdorp, Western Cape

Founded: 1843

Named after Field Cornet PH de Villiers


Click to view large map

List of references:

Fransen, Hans. 2004. The old buildings of the Cape. A survey of extant architecture from before c1910 in the area of Cape Town - Calvinia - Colesberg - Uitenhage. Johannesburg & Cape Town: Jonathan Ball Publishers. pp 423-427
Fransen, Hans. 2006. Old towns and villages of the Cape. A survey of the origin and development of towns, villages and hamlets at the Cape of Good Hope. With particular reference to their physical planning and historical landscape. Johannesburg & Cape Town: Jonathan Ball. pp 263
Maeder, GA & Zinn, C. 1917. Ons kerk album van Hollandsche kerken en leeraren. Capetown: Cape Times. pp 106
Richardson, Deidré. 2001. Historic Sites of South Africa. Cape Town: Struik Publishers. pp 161

List of structures:

Bo-Radyn Farmhouse: 1777. district
Bosjes Chapel: c2017. district
Eureka-Saal (Hall): 1940.
House AJ Lambrechts: 1911.
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: 1951.
St Augustine's Anglican Chapel: 1857.
Villiersdorp Public School - De Villiers Graaff High School: 1906 : 1965.