Robertson, Western Cape

Founded: 1852

Named after Reverend Dr William Robertson.

Click for larger map
Click on map for larger image

List of references:

Fransen, Hans. 2004. The old buildings of the Cape. A survey of extant architecture from before c1910 in the area of Cape Town - Calvinia - Colesberg - Uitenhage. Johannesburg & Cape Town: Jonathan Ball Publishers. pp 403-411
Fransen, Hans. 2006. Old towns and villages of the Cape. A survey of the origin and development of towns, villages and hamlets at the Cape of Good Hope. With particular reference to their physical planning and historical landscape. Johannesburg & Cape Town: Jonathan Ball. pp 195-198
Greig, Doreen. 1971. A Guide to Architecture in South Africa. Cape Town: Howard Timmins. pp 213-214
Picton-Seymour, Désirée. 1989. Historical Buildings in South Africa. Cape Town: Struikhof Publishers. pp 80
Richardson, Deidré. 2001. Historic Sites of South Africa. Cape Town: Struik Publishers. pp 137-138

List of buildings:

Boys' High School: c1934.
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: 1905.
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: 1853-1856.
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: n.d..
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk Robertson Oos (East): Before 1971.
Public Library: 1904.
St Mary's Church: 1865.
Teachers' Training College, now a school: n.d..
Town Hall: n.d..
Wesleyan Church: 1867.