Napier, Western Cape



Named after Sir George Napier (1784 – 1855) who was the Governor of the Cape Colony from 1838 - 1844.

 


Click to view large map

List of references:

Fransen, Hans. 2004. The old buildings of the Cape. A survey of extant architecture from before c1910 in the area of Cape Town - Calvinia - Colesberg - Uitenhage. Johannesburg & Cape Town: Jonathan Ball Publishers. pp 441-442
Fransen, Hans. 2006. Old towns and villages of the Cape. A survey of the origin and development of towns, villages and hamlets at the Cape of Good Hope. With particular reference to their physical planning and historical landscape. Johannesburg & Cape Town: Jonathan Ball. pp 223-225
Maeder, GA & Zinn, C. 1917. Ons kerk album van Hollandsche kerken en leeraren. Capetown: Cape Times. pp 66
Richardson, Deidré. 2001. Historic Sites of South Africa. Cape Town: Struik Publishers. pp 125

List of structures:

Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: 1928.