Napier, Western Cape



Named after Sir George Napier (1784 – 1855) who was the Governor of the Cape Colony from 1838 - 1844.

Click for larger map
Click on map for larger image

List of references:

Fransen, Hans. 2004. The old buildings of the Cape. A survey of extant architecture from before c1910 in the area of Cape Town - Calvinia - Colesberg - Uitenhage. Johannesburg & Cape Town: Jonathan Ball Publishers. pp 441-442
Fransen, Hans. 2006. Old towns and villages of the Cape. A survey of the origin and development of towns, villages and hamlets at the Cape of Good Hope. With particular reference to their physical planning and historical landscape. Johannesburg & Cape Town: Jonathan Ball. pp 223-225
Richardson, Deidré. 2001. Historic Sites of South Africa. Cape Town: Struik Publishers. pp 125

List of buildings:

Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: 1928.