McGregor, Western Cape

Founded: 1861

Named after Dutch Reformed Church minister, Andrew McGregor.

Click for larger map
Click on map for larger image

Originally called Lady Grey the name changed in 1906.

List of references:

Fagan, Gawie & Fagan, Gwen. 2008. Brakdak : platdakke in die Karoo. Cape Town: Breestraat Publikasies. pp 140-141
Fransen, Hans. 2004. The old buildings of the Cape. A survey of extant architecture from before c1910 in the area of Cape Town - Calvinia - Colesberg - Uitenhage. Johannesburg & Cape Town: Jonathan Ball Publishers. pp 411-413
Fransen, Hans. 2006. Old towns and villages of the Cape. A survey of the origin and development of towns, villages and hamlets at the Cape of Good Hope. With particular reference to their physical planning and historical landscape. Johannesburg & Cape Town: Jonathan Ball. pp 260-262
Picton-Seymour, Désirée. 1989. Historical Buildings in South Africa. Cape Town: Struikhof Publishers. pp 78
Richardson, Deidré. 2001. Historic Sites of South Africa. Cape Town: Struik Publishers. pp 119-120

List of buildings:

Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: 1904.